BKnect Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Sellers and buyers of products, services and events through the BKnect App System
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and BKnect Ltd (us, we, etc). By visiting or using Our Website, you agree to be bound by them.
We are BKnect Ltd, number 12777500 incorporated in the United Kingdom. Our registered office is at Crispins, Manor Farm Lane, Michelmersh, Romsey, SO51 0NT
means the commission you pay us, calculated as a percentage of the value of sales made by you through us, net of GST.
means the textual, visual or audio content that is encountered on Our Website. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations. It includes content Posted by you both directly to offer your Product, Service or Events for sale and indirectly, for any other purpose.
includes any computer, device, work station, electronic application or electronic receiving device.
means the annual subscription we charge for setting you up as a supplier to Our Website visitors.
means any website or Service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed Device which is owned or operated by us or any member of the BKnect group of companies. It includes all of the hardware and software installations that enable our website to function.
means place on or into Our Website any Content or material of any sort by any means.
means any item offered for sale by you on Our Website, whether physical goods or downloads, together with all supporting text, and information in any medium.
means all of the services provided by BKnect Ltd and available from Our Website, whether free or charged. For the sake of good order Service does not include any service offered for sale on Our Website by any person, company, or other, other than us. Unless preceded by the word “Your” (i.e. “Your Services”) or identified in its sentence as the sellers service.
means all of the Events available from Our Website, whether free or charged. For the sake of good order Event does not include any Event offered for sale on Our Website by any person other than us.
The BKnect App or Our App
means our website or Mobile/tablet app which enables a user of a Device to select, order and pay for goods or manage your business profile, sell products, services and events, and take payment using that Device via the Internet.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to one gender shall include any or all genders and a reference to the singular may be interpreted where appropriate as a reference to the plural and vice versa.
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit.
- a reference to a person includes reference to that person's successors, legal representatives, permitted assigns and any person to whom rights and obligations are transferred or pass as a result of a merger, division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that person.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person;
- in any indemnity, a reference to costs or expenses shall be construed as including the estimated cost of management time of the indemnified party, such cost calculated £100 per hour.
- all money sums mentioned in this agreement are calculated net of GST/Tax/Vat, which will be charged when payment is due.
3. Our contract
- The relationship between us is solely that:
- in consideration of the Fee charged by us to Business sellers, we provide for you an Internet market place as an arm's length contractor.
- we do not act for either the buyer or seller as an agent in the delivery of goods or the collection of money paid by the buyer, or provider of said products, events or services that are on offer by business account holders on the BKnect website.
- we are not partners or joint venturers.
- If you place Your Product, Service or Event for sale on Our Website, you do so subject to these terms.
- When you place a Product on Our Website, you will be bound to provide on Our Website all the information required by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- In consideration of the Fee we also provide for you the BKnect marketplace accessible via The BKnect The amount of the Fee is set out in the Fee schedule, placed on Our Website.
- We may change this agreement in any way at any time. The version applicable to your contract is the version which was Posted on Our Website at the time that the contract was made until a newer version of our terms and conditions are made available.
- In contracting with users of The BKnect Marketplace, we make certain assumptions as to your compliance with the law and to the procedures set out on Our Website and named the Service Level Commitment. You agree to comply so far as your business model permits, with those procedures.
- Insofar as we provide points of guidance on Our Website, relating to your Products, Services, Events delivery, returns, payments and other practical matters, such guidance is not to be interpreted as appropriate to your particular Product, Service, Event or circumstances. They do not differentiate between the compliance requirements of different merchants nor do they cover exclusions which may apply to you or to some of your Products, Services or Events. Accordingly, you must not assume that you have complied with the law by adopting our standards. Accordingly, your compliance must be provided by:
- your business procedures;
- all of the pre-purchase information you give to prospective buyers;
- the content on your website.
For the sake of good order, we remind you that the law provides that all information of whatever nature, provided to a buyer, is deemed to be relevant and true.
- Although we are not a party to your contract with a buyer introduced to you via Our Website, we shall remove your Product, Your Service or Events from offer if a customer or Our Website visitor has a valid complaint against you.
- Subject to this agreement and to the procedures set out on Our Website, you may enter a Your Product, Service or Event for sale through Our Website.
4. Your licence to us
- You now warrant that:
- you have the authority to enter into this agreement and bind the person or organisation named by you as the seller and licensor;
- you own the copyright in all Content you may Post to Our Website or that you have the permission of the owner to use it and to grant this licence to us, You agree that in the event that copyrights are infringed by any content uploaded by yourself, company editor or any other persons.
- you know of no lawful reason why any person should object to or claim for infringement of, any intellectual property right relating to any Content you may Post.
- In Posting data through our Service you grant to us an irrevocable, sub-licensable, licence to display your Product, Your Service or Events in images and text in the public domain. In doing so you understand and accept that we shall grant a sub-licence to any person in any terms we may from time to time decide, to download your Product, Your Service or Event images or any other Content, to their Device.
- We will use that licence only for commercial purposes in reference to BKnect Ltd and or the promotion of Bknect Business Clients and will stop using it after a commercially reasonable period of time.
- You agree to any act or omission which may otherwise infringe your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your Content as provided in the Copyright Act 1968.
- You now irrevocably authorise us to publish feedback, comments and ratings about your activity through Our Website, even though it may be defamatory or critical.
- Posting Content does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you;
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- You will notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- We do not solicit ideas or text for improvement of our Service, but if you do send to us material of any sort, you are deemed to have granted to us a licence to use it in the terms set out at sub paragraph five / number 4.2] above.
- You will not post, list or upload content in categories or areas that they were not created for on our Marketplace;
- You will not circumvent or breach or any, third-party rights, laws or our policies or systems;
- You will not sell counterfeit items or infringe the trademark, copyright or rights of other third parties;
- You will not use any of our Services if you are not able to enter into contracts that are legally binding or you have been temporarily or permanently suspended from using our Services;
- You will not fail to pay for the items you have purchased on the BKnect Marketplace, unless you have a valid reason mentioned elsewhere within these terms conditions
- You will not fail to deliver any items sold by you via the BKnect Marketplace, unless you have a valid reason mentioned elsewhere within these terms conditions;
- You will not interfere with, manipulate or change the price of any other user's Product, Your Service or Event.
- You will not transfer your BKnect account and/or user ID (including all content and feedback) to another party without our express consent;
- You will not post or distribute, bulk electronic communications unsolicited messages, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- You will not use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific BKnect transaction or in-keeping with the purpose for which the BKnect Marketplace was created.
- You will not distribute technologies or viruses that may harm Bknect or the users of the BKnect Marketplace;
- You will not use any automated means of accessing our Services for any purpose, this includes robots, spiders, scrapers or other forms of automated processes;
- You will not impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our website infrastructure or interfere with the normal working of our Services;
- You will not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights (collectively referred to as, Intellectual Property Rights) that belong to or are licensed to BKnect. Examples of this include but are not limited to reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to BKnect or someone else;
- You will not infringe upon any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties that are affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belongs to you or your business;
- You will not commercialise any application, information or software associated with BKnect;
- You will not circumvent any hardware or software measures that we use to provide our Services.
5. Your Product, Your Service or Event placement
- to not knowingly to place any Product, Your Service or Event for sale which is not of merchantable quality or which requires for its setup or use a level of technical expertise which is not fully explained to a customer before purchase.
- to make suitable arrangements for the delivery of each Product, Your Service or Event, including packaging and carriage, so that you can comply with the delivery terms you have given to us.
- immediately to remove from sale on Our Website any Product, Your Service or Event which for any reason, you are unable to supply.
- not to replace any Product, Your Service or Event we remove from offer for sale.
- you are solely responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of all Products, Services and Events listed upon your Business Listing on the BKnect Marketplace;
- your listing may not be immediately searchable by category or keyword for up to 48 hours. BKnect offers no guarantees or exact listing durations;
- you are responsible for all taxes that you are legally obligated to pay within the country that your business operates from, this includes but is not limited to penalties, fines, charges, or late interest applied to late payments or related to your sales on the BKnect Marketplace.
- To the fullest extent possible based and cover under English law, you agree under the terms outlined in this document to pay to us as a debt on demand any and all costs incurred by BKnect Ltd, including but not limited to any penalties interest, and any tax, levied by any authorised tax authority due to your own personal or business's failure to provide a valid VAT registration number and/or the failure to pay any such taxes, penalties or interest on behalf of yourself or your Business;
- content that violates any of Bknect’s policies may be modified, obfuscated or deleted at BKnects discretion and without prior notification;
- in accordance with your business listing, we may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information that is deemed to be misleading, imprecise or contrary to the values of the BKnect Marketplace;
6. Your account and personal information
- When you visit Our Website, you accept responsibility for any action done by any person in your name or under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are not responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately.
- We may terminate your account immediately and without notice to you if you fail to notify us of any such changes.
7. The selling procedure
- You agree that a contract to sell a Product, Your Service or Event offered by you is a firm and binding contract as soon as your customer's payment has been accepted by our payment service provider.
- Deliveries of hard copy and physical Products will be made from your premises, by post or by a carrier instructed by you subject to the contract between you and your customer. In your contract with customers, you should clearly specify the mode of delivery and expense involved.
- In the absence of information to the contrary, you agree to despatch a Product within three days of notification of order by us, by a method likely to reach the buyer within a further seven days.
- You will notify the customer by email on the date of sending, that the Product has been despatched and of the expected delivery date.
- If at any time, any customer notifies you of non-delivery within the time scale offered by you on Our Website, you will investigate immediately and advise the customer of what you are doing to rectify the issue and when you expect to be able to deliver the Product.
- If it is apparent that a customer has not received a Product within 14 days of the expected delivery date, unless otherwise agreed between you and the buyer. You will refund money paid, including any delivery charge. This is a condition of your contract with us because our reputation, as well as yours, is at stake in those circumstances.
- Products, Your Services or Events may be offered for sale subject to any discount or promotion arranged between you and us.
- Subject to discounts and promotions, Products, Your Services or Events are offered for sale at a fixed price, inclusive of GST.
- All Products that require delivery are subject to a delivery charge which will be agreed upon by the seller and the buyer which will be shown at the pay point. The delivery charge will be fixed by you for each item offered for sale. It may be changed at your discretion. Once you have sold an item, the delivery charge offered by you at the time of purchase cannot be increased.
- You agree to provide an adequate stock of any Product placed by you for sale through Our Website and to tell us, through your control panel, if at any time your supply is exhausted. If that happens, you must also remove the Product from sale or mark it as unavailable.
- You agree to comply with the requirements implied in the returns policy set out on Our Website.
8. Products returned
You agree that you will at all times:
- reply promptly and in any event within 48 hours to any customer message or other correspondence;
- comply with the law relating to all aspects of the contract between you and your customer, relating in particular to your obligations to provide full information and accept cancellation and returns. However, you may also offer more favourable terms to your customers as per your own returns and refunds policy set out on your website or otherwise in your terms and conditions.
- when you have an obligation to return money to a customer for any reason, you will do so immediately in line with the returns and refunds policy set out on Our Website;
- immediately tell your customer in the event that Products bought are not available.
- comply with our procedures relating to satisfaction of an order, Products returned and payment as set out on Our Website from time to time.
- provide information to us in respect of any claim for non-delivery and any dispute as to payment, so as to enable us to identify the possibility of fraud.
9. Buying Products, Services and Events
- you are solely responsible for reading the full item listing and all associated information before purchasing Products, Services or Events on the BKnect Marketplace;
- you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy any third-party services, event ticket or item, or if you have a successful bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted) on The BKnect Marketplace;
- if you purchase an item that is listed on BKnect on a website other than BKnect, you are subject to the User Agreement of that other site with regard to that particular purchase.
10. Goods and services tax
- Fees specified in Our Website are exclusive of GST.
- If you are located in the Australia, we will show and retain the amount of GST due on our charge for our services in addition to the amount of commission due to us.
- BKnect Ltd has the right to demand additional information about your business so far as it may affect your GST registration, at any time, from you or from a governmental authority.
11. Advertising your Product, Your Service or Event
If you accept our offer to advertise market or promote your Product, Your Service or Event, the following conditions apply.
- We may use the services of a specialist internet marketing business associated with us.
- The price charged to you will include all payments we make to others.
- We give no guarantee as to the success of any advertising placed.
- We shall receive no secret commission on advertising services. But note that the service supplier is associated with us.
12. Your Product warranties
You warrant that:
- any Product you place on Our Website for sale:
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person;
- does not offend against the law of any country whose citizens might purchase it;
- is not intended primarily to advertise any business, except your business, so far only as it is carried on through BKnect Ltd.
- you own the intellectual property rights in any Product you place on Our Website for sale, or that you have the permission of the copyright owner:
- to place the Product on Our Website for sale;
- to receive the net proceeds of such sales as arise;
- to defend the copyright in the Product.
You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage or liability, suffered by us at any time and arising out of:
- any act, neglect or default of yours in connection with this agreement or with any Product, Your Service or Event of yours or with your use of our Services;
- your breach of this agreement;
- your failure to comply with any law;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of the Services;
This indemnity shall include all costs reasonably incurred by us without the need to prove they were necessary.
14. Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
We invite you to contribute Content to Our Website in several ways, as for example to upload information and sales material to promote your Products, Your Services or Events. We have to regulate your use of Our Website to protect our business and our staff, to protect other users of Our Website and to comply with the law. These provisions apply to all users of Our Website.
We do not undertake to moderate or check Content Posted, but we do protect our business vigorously. If we believe Content Posted breaches the law, we shall co-operate fully with the law enforcement authorities in whatever ways we can.
You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content, upload Content or undertake any activity which is or may:
- be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- use a Posting to solicit responses unconnected with the purpose of Our Website or the terms proposed by this agreement.
15. Your Posting: restricted content
In connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove a Posting that does not comply with these terms.
In addition to the restrictions set out above, a Posting must not contain:
- hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by us;
- keywords or words repeated, which are irrelevant to the Content Posted.
- the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than yours.
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information;
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18 years old.
16. Removal of offensive Content
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any customer for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- Your claim or complaint must be submitted to us in the form available on Our Website, or contain the same information as that requested in our form. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- we shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able;
- after we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone decide;
- we are free to either re-instate your content, or not, as we decide.
17. Limitation, Suspension or Termination of User Accounts
17.1 BKnect reserves the right to limit, suspend or terminate your Bknect Account if:
17.1.1 we think that you are creating problems or potential liabilities for us that might lead to legal repercussions or impact upon our users, suppliers or other third parties in a negative way;
17.1.2 we believe that you are infringing upon the rights of third parties;
17.1.3 we think that you are acting in ways that are inconsistent with the spirit of this User Agreement, our values or our policies or you abuse or mistreat our employees or our users;
17.1.4 despite our reasonable effort, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information that you have provided to us; or
17.1.5 you fail to make full payment of any fees due for our Services by the date of which said payment is due date.
18. Security of Our Website
If you violate Our Website we shall take legal action against you.
You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of Our Website to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed Our Website by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- collect or use any Product, Your Service or Event listings, descriptions, or prices;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of the Services;
- hide or remove the banner advertisements on any page of Our Website;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website;
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any Product, Your Service or Event in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with our business.
19. Storage of data
- You agree that bandwidth and storage requirements shall not exceed the amount ordered by you.
- If your bandwidth and storage requirement exceeds the contractually ordered amount we may in our discretion:
- charge the price currently charged by us for the additional usage you have used, such charges to be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or
- if in our opinion your usage puts at risk the continued Services provision to other customers, we may limit the Services we provide to what we have agreed in our contract with you. We may not be able to give you notice of this.
- We may, from time to time, set a limit on the number of messages you may send, store, or receive through the Service. We may delete messages in excess of that limit. We shall give you notice of any change to your limit, except in an emergency.
- We maintain reasonable procedures for general backup of data for our own purposes but we give no warranty that your data will be saved or backed up in any particular circumstances unless we have made specific contractual arrangements with you in writing.
20. Copyright and other intellectual property rights
- All Content on Our Website, for example page text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of either us or our affiliates or suppliers of Products, Your Services or Events for sale. It is all protected by international copyright laws.
- You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, except as is expressly permitted in this agreement or with our written consent.
- For the sake of good order you should note that copyright exists in compilations and graphic images, shapes and styles, as well as in raw text.
21. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law allows.
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an implied condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph shall be deemed to be reduced in effect, only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
- We make no representation or warranty that our Service will be:
- useful to you;
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error.
- We claim no expert knowledge in any subject. We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information you take from Our Website.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website, which is indirect or consequential loss, or economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill. This applies whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
- We will do all we can to maintain access to Our Website, but it may be necessary for us to suspend all or part of our Service for repairs, maintenance or other good reasons. We may do so without telling you first.
- You acknowledge that our Service may also be interrupted for reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss whether foreseeable or not, arising as a result of interruption to our Service.
- You now expressly release us from any and all claims and liability known and unknown, arising in any way from a dispute between you and a buyer.
- Our Website contains links to other Internet websites. We have neither power nor control over any such website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the content of any such linked website, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- Our total liability under this agreement, however it arises, shall not exceed the sum of £200.00. This applies whether your case is based on contract, tort or any other basis in law.
- This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability or provides an indemnity to us) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies as well as to us.
- Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as limiting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- BKnect shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any losses in business or otherwise, such as loss of data, business, revenue, business, profits, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or interruption of business, or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable directly or indirectly by us arising from:
- your use of or your inability to use any of our Services;
- pricing, postage or other guidance provided by the Bknect Marketplace;
- any delays or disruptions in the services we provide or the external services that we depend upon;
- malicious software, virus or other online attacks such as those caused by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
- any glitches, bugs, or errors, of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any Bknect online Service;
- the content, actions, or lack thereof, of third parties, including items listed on the BKnect Marketplace or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a termination suspension or other action taken by us with respect to your BKnect account or breach of our Terms & Conditions;
- your need to modify content, or behaviour or your loss of or your inability to conduct business, as a result of changes to these terms and conditions or our policies;
- the manner or duration in which your own Business listings, products, services and Event tickect appear in the Bknect MarketPlace search results as set out in the Listing conditions section;.
22. Miscellaneous matters
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted successor in title.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either of the parties by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by express post or recorded delivery or by e-mail.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 48 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the constitution of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of [State] and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in that State.